Mapp Digital c/o Webtrekk GmbH
Effective date: September 24, 2020
Our Privacy Notice sets out how we handle personal data. We are aware of the importance to users of how personal data are handled and we assure you that we observe all relevant legal requirements. We consider the protection of your privacy to be of paramount importance. For this reason, compliance with the legal requirements on data privacy is, for us, a matter of course.
Personal data refers to any information about personal or factual circumstances of an identified or identifiable person. This includes information and details, in case you submit this information to us, such as your name, IP-address, telephone number and also your e-mail address.
PROVISIONING OF THE WEBSITE
Each time this website is accessed, our web servers automatically collect Information from the user’s system. This includes Information about the browser type and the version used, the operating system of the user’s terminal device, the Internet Service Provider of the user, the IP address of the user, date and time of access, and the previous website from which the user accesses our website.
Processing this Information is necessary for us to be able to provide an Internet presence and to ensure its security and is therefore based on our “Legitimate Interest” to be “visible” to the market in accordance with Art. 6.1(f) of the GDPR. The above-mentioned data will be deleted as soon as it is no longer required for the purpose of its collection. When storing data in the log file for security purposes, this is generally the case after no more than 7 days.
Like almost all website operators, we use analytical tools in the form of tracking software to ascertain the number of users using our website and how frequently they visit.
This website uses our own system Mapp Intelligence (Webtrekk Analytics), which is a product published by Mapp c/o Webtrekk GmbH, Robert-Koch-Platz 4, 10115 Berlin, Germany, used to collect statistical data regarding this web service and to optimize the service accordingly. It is a statistics program which makes an anonymous or pseudonymized record of usage. Using Mapp Intelligence enables us to undertake a pseudonymized analysis of user behavior by collecting and analyzing information transmitted from your browser. None of the analyses relate to people and they are conducted anonymously or pseudonymously, i.e. personal identification features are replaced by an indicator for this purpose, making it impossible, or at least extremely difficult, for the person concerned to be identified. The IP address is thus anonymized immediately after processing and prior to being saved. The use of Mapp Intelligence involves the setting of the following cookies:
- Session cookie for session recognition, lifetime: one session
- Long-term cookie for recognition of new/regular customer: 6 months
- Opt-out cookie in case of objection to tracking, minimum lifetime: 60 months
You can opt out of future data collection and storage by Mapp Intelligence at any time. To do this, please follow this link: https://mapp.com/opt-out-mapp/. Once the link is confirmed, an opt-out cookie is installed on your data medium. Please note that deleting all cookies on your will also delete this opt-out cookie, i.e. if you want to continue to opt out of data collection by Mapp Intelligence, you will need to re-install the opt-out cookie. The opt-out cookie is installed for each browser and computer. If you visit our website from your home and workplace or if you use different browsers, you will need to enable the opt-out cookie in the various browsers and/or on the various computers that you use. Legal basis for the use of Mapp Intelligence is our “Legitimate Interest” to optimize our web presence in accordance with Art. 6.1(f) of the GDPR, which outweighs the interests of the users.
If you contact us via contact form, support ticket or e-mail, the data you provide will be used to process your request. Your Contact Data may be transferred to our CRM system. The Data you provide is necessary for processing and answering your enquiry – we cannot answer your enquiry without providing it, or we can only answer it to a limited extent.
We have the “Legitimate Interest” as per Art. 6.1(f) of the GDPR to provide ways to be contacted and to process the data transmitted in the course of sending a request. If the purpose of the request is to conclude a service contract or process a technical support request, the additional legal basis of the processing is “Performance of a Contract” in accordance with Art. 6.1(b) of the GDPR.
Data processed in this context will be deleted when no longer necessary to achieve the original purpose and defined retention periods expired.
You have the possibility to object to the data processing at any time. The objection must be sent to our Data Protection Officer, preferably via the following email address: email@example.com . In this case, all Personal Information stored in the course of establishing contact will be deleted unless there are any storage obligations to the contrary.
RECIPIENTS OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Where appropriate, we may share your Personal Information with various recipients, including the following categories:
- Our third-party service providers who process Personal Information on our behalf for IT and system administration and hosting, billing, research and analysis, marketing, customer support and other purposes (e.g. data centers, SaaS applications)
- Affiliates within our group of companies that process Personal Information for, amongst others, customer service, marketing purposes, technical operations and account management
- Public and regulatory authorities, where we are required to disclose Personal Data in order to comply with our legal obligations
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have taken extensive technical and organizational measures to secure your data against potential risks, such as unauthorized login or access, unauthorized perusal, amendment or distribution, as well as against loss, deletion or misuse.
In order to protect your personal data against unauthorized access by third parties when being transmitted, we secure data transmissions, if necessary, using SSL encryption. This is a standard encryption procedure for online services, particularly for the Internet.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFER
When you use our website or contact us, your data may be processed worldwide, for example on servers in the United States. We apply highest EU data protection standards in compliance with the GDPR and will also make sure that your Data is properly protected. Mapp utilizes EU Standard Contractual Clauses (internally and externally), Binding Corporate Rules and express consents (Data Transfer Agreements) in relation to Personal Information originating the European Union or the United States.
Right to access, rectification, right to object, to complaint, erasure and blockage:
- You have the right to request information about whether and which personal data is processed by our company. You also have the right to demand that your personal data is rectified or amended.
- Under certain circumstances, you have the right to request that your personal data should be deleted.
- Under certain circumstances, you have the right to demand that the processing of your personal data should be restricted.
- You can withdraw your consent to the processing and use of your data completely or partially at any time with future application.
- You have the right to obtain your personal data in a common, structured and mechanically readable format.
- If you have any questions, comments, complaints or requests in connection with our statement on data protection and the processing of your personal data, you can also contact our data protection officer in detail.
- You also have the right to complain to the responsible supervisory authority if you believe that the processing of your personal data is in violation of the legislation.
AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING
We do not carry out automated decision-making using profiling methods.
CONTACT / CONTROLLER
Webtrekk GmbH is a Mapp Company:
Mapp Digital US, LLC
3655 Nobel Drive
San Diego, CA 92122
United States of America
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
External Data Protection Officer: Prof. Dr. Christoph Bauer (ePrivacy GmbH, Grosse Bleichen 21, 20354 Hamburg, Germany) firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about privacy issues, please contact our Data Protection Officer.
More details are available in Mapp Digital’s Privacy Notice, which can be found here (https://mapp.com/privacy/)
CHANGES OF THIS NOTICE
We reserve the right to modify this privacy notice at any time. If we make any material changes, we will notify by a notice on this site.