Our data privacy statement, sets out how we handle personal data. We are aware of the importance to users of how personal data are handled and we assure you that we observe all relevant legal requirements. We consider the protection of your privacy to be of paramount importance. For this reason, compliance with the legal requirements on data privacy is, for us, a matter of course.
Robert-Koch-Platz 4 10115 Berlin, Germany
Data protection commissioner
You can contact our data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal data refers to any information about personal or factual circumstances of an identified or identifiable person. This includes information and details, in case you submit this information to us, such as your name, IP-address, telephone number and also your e-mail address.
Your data are handled according to the following legal provisions:
– With regard to data communicated in forms, etc. with your consent, Art. 6(1) (a) GDPR
– With regard to services you use for the performance of a contract, Art. 6(1)(b) GDPR
– Otherwise, with particular regard to statistical data and online identifiers based on legitimate interests, Art 6(1)(f) GDPR (see below)
When handling your data, we pursue the following legitimate interests:
- Improving our service
- Contract initiation and fulfilment of the contract
- Providing the requested information
– Protecting against misuse
Unless otherwise specified, we obtain the data from you (including via devices used by you).
We retain your data,
– if you have consented to this as part of processing, until such time as you withdraw your consent,
– if we need the data to undertake an agreement, until such time as the contractual relationship with you ceases or legal retention periods expire,
– if we use the data on the basis of a legitimate interest, until such time as your overriding interest obliges us to delete or anonymize them.
Purposes of use
Personal data will only be collected by us to the extent and for the purpose for which you provide the data to us, e.g. for registration.
We use and store your personal data as part of our services for the following purposes only if you have provided us with your express consent:
The purpose generally stems from the aim of direct marketing, billing with service providers, market research (statistical evaluation), provision of support information and the demand-driven design of the digital offers.
We use your personal information only within the company and forward it only to those companies that are involved in performing the contracts concluded with you or otherwise involved in providing the relevant service. Otherwise, your personal information will not be forwarded to third parties unless you have given your express consent for this or unless we are obliged to disclose it, for example, at the direction of a court or administrative authority.
After consent, we forward the following customer data to service providers: Contact information for contract initiation and direct marketing to Mailchimp, Salesforce, Cvent.
Market research, customer surveys, customer service, supply of new products, custom-tailored customer information, creation of customer profiles
We have taken extensive technical and organizational measures to secure your data against potential risks, such as unauthorized login or access, unauthorized perusal, amendment or distribution, as well as against loss, deletion or misuse.
In order to protect your personal data against unauthorized access by third parties when being transmitted, we secure data transmissions, if necessary, using SSL encryption. This is a standard encryption procedure for online services, particularly for the Internet.
Every time you access our web pages, usage data are transferred through your specific web browser and stored in the form of protocol files (known as server log files). The datasets stored in this way contain the following data
• The domain from which the user is accessing the website
• Date and time of access
• IP address of the accessing computer
• Website(s) which the user is visiting in the context of the offering
• Amount of data transferred; browser type and version
• Operating system used; name of internet service provider
• Indication of whether access was successful
These logfile datasets are analyzed in anonymized form, to improve the offering and make it more user-friendly, to identify and resolve errors, and to control server workloads.
Cookies are small files that your browser stores on your PC in a directory designated specifically for this purpose. These cookies can be used e.g. to find out whether you have already visited a website. Most browsers accept cookies automatically. Nevertheless, you can change the settings in your browser, so that no cookies can be stored or so that your explicit agreement is required before any cookies are stored. You can also delete previously set cookies at any time. Please note that disabling cookies may result in your use of our website being restricted.
We need cookies for the following purposes: statistical purposes and operation of the website
Like almost all website operators, we use analytical tools in the form of tracking software to ascertain the number of users using our website and how frequently they visit.
This website uses our own system “Webtrekk Analytics”, which is a product published by Webtrekk GmbH, Robert-Koch-Platz4, 10115 Berlin, used to collect statistical data regarding this web service and to optimise the service accordingly. It is a statistics program which makes an anonymous or pseudonymised record of usage. Using Webtrekk Analytics enables us to undertake a pseudonymised analysis of user behavior by collecting and analyzing information transmitted from your browser. None of the analyses relate to people and they are conducted anonymously or pseudonymously, i.e. personal identification features are replaced by an indicator for this purpose, making it impossible, or at least extremely difficult, for the person concerned to be identified. The IP address is thus anonymized immediately after processing and prior to being saved. The use of Webtrekk Analytics also involves the installation of cookies. You can opt out of future data collection and storage by Webtrekk Analytics at any time. To do this, please follow this link: https://www.webtrekk.com/en/index/opt-out-webtrekk/opt-out-registered/. Once the link is confirmed, an opt-out cookie is installed on your data medium. Please note that deleting all cookies on your will also delete this opt-out cookie, i.e. if you want to continue to opt out of data collection by Webtrekk Analytics, you will need to re-install the opt-out cookie. The opt-out cookie is installed for each browser and computer. If you visit our website from your home and workplace or if you use different browsers, you will need to enable the opt-out cookie in the various browsers and/or on the various computers that you use.
The advertising displayed on this website is optimized for you through anonymously collected and processed data about how you use our services, so that you can see advertisements relevant to your interests. For this purpose, a cookie will be stored on your computer. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer’s hard drive. They enable your computer to be recognized but do not permit you to be identified personally. Behavioral targeting is carried out by third-party companies which also run advertisements for the websites of other providers. These third-party companies then create the usage profile themselves using cookies and apply their respective targeting systems to select the data collected for the purpose of user-oriented advertising. We use the following company for this: Google (for search engine optimization an AdWords Conversion pixel is used).
Another option for disabling cookies with regard to usage-based advertising is offered by the BVDW preference manager, www.meine-cookies.org/cookies_verwalten/praeferenzmanager-beta.html and the preference management of YourOnlineChoices, www.youronlinechoices.com/de/praferenzmanagement/, respectively the privacy settings of Google,https://policies.google.com/privacy
We use third-party services for various functions on our website including our advertising agency plus B, https://www.plusb.de.
Rights of the data subject
Right to access, rectification, right to object, to complaint, erasure and blockage.
• You have the right to request information about whether and which personal data is processed by our company. You also have the right to demand that your personal data is rectified or amended.
• Under certain circumstances, you have the right to request that your personal data should be deleted.
• Under certain circumstances, you have the right to demand that the processing of your personal data should be restricted.
• You can withdraw your consent to the processing and use of your data completely or partially at any time with future application.
• You have the right to obtain your personal data in a common, structured and mechanically readable format.
• If you have any questions, comments, complaints or requests in connection with our statement on data protection and the processing of your personal data, you can also contact our data protection officer in detail.
• You also have the right to complain to the responsible supervisory authority if you believe that the processing of your personal data is in violation of the legislation.
You reach us as follows:
External Data Protection officer: Prof. Dr. Christoph Bauer (ePrivacy GmbH, Grosse Bleichen 21, 20354 Hamburg)
If you have any questions about privacy issues, please contact our Data Protection officer.
Requirement or obligation to provide data
Insofar as this is not expressly stated, when data are collected, the provision of data is neither required nor obligatory.
Date of issue of this data privacy statement
We reserve the right to make amendments at any time to this data privacy statement for future effect.
This data privacy statement has been compiled with the assistance of the ePrivacy GmbH data privacy statement generator.